The “Monuments Ordinance,” will be heard at the Thursday, December 17 Special City Council Meeting at 10 a.m.
Here are the rules and procedures, set by Council President Jason Williams:
– Comments will be limited to 30 minutes per side.
– Each speaker will receive 2 minutes to speak.
– No one will be allowed to cede their time to another speaker.
– Speakers will alternate between people for and against the passage of the ordinance.
– The speaker order will be determined by the time-clock stamp on the speaker card.
– The earliest stamped speaker card in opposition to passage will be heard first, immediately followed by the earliest stamped speaker card in favor of passage.
– Speakers will continue to alternate accordingly.
– All speakers must first state their name and address before making their comment.
– The timer will begin once the person begins speaking.
– Anyone who has spoken on the ordinance at a previous meeting, especially the December 10 Committee of the Whole Meeting, is encouraged to allow other people a chance to speak. The Council would like to hear new voices on this issue.